Ia has started using this colouring book to help her learn about times tables, inshAllah. I think you can still find this book on Tarquin, although I bought my copy in a gift shop in Wales! Ia likes colouring, so this is a fun way for her to learn.
I'm doing a science lapbook with Ia at the moment, a ready made one from Hands Of a Child. I don't always find that ready made lapbooks are value for money, but theone we are doing on Heat and Temperature is just right. The topic (at this level) is compact, I think that is what makes it work. As part of that today we did an experiment measuring the temperature of water containing melting ice cubes.
U has been using Starfall today and I also got her to do an early writing exercise that all my children have enjoyed. I read a story to her (Thomas the Tank Engine) and then asked her to draw a picture to go with the story and think of a sentence to go with it. I wrote the sentence first and she copied it out. It is interesting with this exercise to seewhat stands out from the story from the child's point of view.
1 comment:
That looks like a good idea re the story mashaAllah. I think I'll have to try it out with R.
Post a Comment