Ia sometimes needs some help coming up with ideas to write about. For her English work today I went to Color Me Masterpiece and printed off the colouring page for The Great Wave and she coloured it in using the colours from the original image as a guide.
After that I got her to write some lines about the picture, describing it and saying what she liked about it. This was a good way to get her to write, and inshAllah, I'll do more of these picture descriptions with her,encouraging her to write more descriptively as we go. I suppose this is like the Charlotte Mason idea of narration, except I'm using it for writing primarily.
I'll need to look around for different suitable pictures to use. The colouring in aspect was good, as it helped her look at the details in the picture, and so helped her think of ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment