I'm reading these stories aloud to the girls at the moment. They are really enjoying the sweet, quaint stories about a little girl and her village life. In case you can't make out the author's name, it is Joyce Lankester Brisley.
Salaams sis, Just wondered if you can remember some of the things you read aloud to your boys when they were younger? I'm having problems finding things to interest my 5 year old boy (and me!). JazakAllah khair. MashAllah I find your blog a real source of inspiration and ideas, may Allah reward you for all your efforts. Ameen.
Walaykumsalaam sisters, my sons read the Milly Molly Mandy books to themselves when they were younger. For reading aloud haveyou tried the Jill Tomlinson books such as "The Aardvark Who wasn't Sure" or the "Gorrilla Who wanted to Grow Up"? My sons enjoyed those.
3 comments:
Assalamo alaikum,
My girls (and boy!) really enjoyed these too mashaAllah.
Salaams sis,
Just wondered if you can remember some of the things you read aloud to your boys when they were younger? I'm having problems finding things to interest my 5 year old boy (and me!).
JazakAllah khair. MashAllah I find your blog a real source of inspiration and ideas, may Allah reward you for all your efforts. Ameen.
Walaykumsalaam sisters,
my sons read the Milly Molly Mandy books to themselves when they were younger.
For reading aloud haveyou tried the Jill Tomlinson books such as "The Aardvark Who wasn't Sure" or the "Gorrilla Who wanted to Grow Up"? My sons enjoyed those.
Post a Comment