Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Quran Challenge

A little while ago I bought the knowledge quiz board game "Hadith Challenge". It is quite a difficult game, you have to have a detailed recall of the hadith, rather than the woolly vague recall that I unfortunately have. It is one way of informing yourself though!
There is another game in the series, called "Quran Challenge", a friend of mine has that game and we agreed to do a swap, so that both our families can enjoy taking turns with both games, maashAllah. Today we had a play with "Quran Challenge", it is much easier, maashAllah, the hardest category being on the Names of Allah, although of course it is a way to help to memorise those names, even though you need to look elsewhere for the explanations. The other categories are good for testing general knowledge of the Quran.
Today we played for about 45 minutes, but only got about halfway across the board. We agreed to bring the finishing line forward! Ia joined in too, although I helped her out by just asking the easiest question on the card, not the proper category. There is also a "Junior Quran Challenge" which would be more manageable for her age.

3 comments:

Homeschool 4 Muslims said...

is it the one from goodwords books?

wassalam

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

What ages is the game appropriate for?

ummrashid said...

Walaykumsalaam,
Yes, the one from Goodword books. I think the adult version could be suitable from age nine or ten, depending on the amout of Islamic studies done. To answer lots of questions correctly you need a good memory for detail. The Junior version can also be played by children from about age 7 and is good for lots of foundation knowledge.
I don't have the Junior version myself, but we played it with friends a few years ago.