Just a few things we've been doing this week;
Reading aloud some of "When we were very young" by A A Milne with the girls. They enjoyed this, maashAllah, and Ia wanted to try reading the poems aloud herself. (Note to self, don't neglect poetry in read alouds).
The girls have been doing lots of drawing. They draw pictures and tell a story at the same time, maashAllah.
Top Trumps has become popular again this week. The girls have been playing with theRoald Dahl cards, U needs Ia to help her, but they still enjoy the game. Boys have had some football cards out.
The boys have been teaching themselves about web browsers and personalising their home pages.
Then, this afternoon, Ia said that she'd like to make something. You know how sometimes you feel tired and can't face the kind of sewing project where the needle comes unthreaded time after time? I felt like that this afternoon, so I suggested making a woolly pom pom. She is still not finished, but she's enjoying the process, alhamdulillah!
1 comment:
yes, know the feeling, that's why I usually make it double thread!
Post a Comment