Thursday, March 18, 2010

Choux pastry

At the weekend I bought a cheap icing syringe as I thought the girls could have fun making or decorating things with it. A step up from playdoh!
A couple of evenings ago we tried making choux pastry for the first time and the girls piped it into blobs on the baking tray. MaashAllah the buns turned out well. I made an icing paste with icing sugar, cocoa powder and water to spread over the top.
I used a receipe from a childrens cook book, but it was the same as the one here. It is a good one to do with children, although you have to be careful about the part where you beat the hot mixture.
They don't keep well, best eaten on the same day. Not usually a problem alhamdulillah!!!

2 comments:

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikuma, Your girls are blessed to have you teaching them fun things like this. My girls would love it as well, insha Allah.

ummrashid said...

Walaykumsalaam,
MaashAllah!