The thing with art is that if you are not that artistic yourself, as the parent, doing arty stuff at home can get to be something you never quite get round to. At times I feel a sort of mental barrier to it, knowing that I've got to make space for drying painty stuff, washed up equipment and so on. In my mind I imagine this will take more effort and time than it actually does. Maybe this is a hangover from days with toddlers when the brandishing of painty brushes indoors could get a little fraught, and I preferred keeping painting sessions outdoors in the summer. But the reality of nowadays for us is that there is no reason for me to put off doing art. It is not messy and it does not take long to set up or put away.
U has a rather take it or leave it attitude to art sessions, sometimes she is enthusiastic, other times she doesn't want to join in. Today she did half her picture, and I finished off the rest. Ia, however enjoys it much more and gets real benefit from it I think, maashAllah.
So, no excuses for art inhibitions!!! It must be done, inshAllah!
1 comment:
beautiful!
Post a Comment