So, I was starting to get a little grumpy. Maybe I'm unrealistic, but after days spent on trying to tidy up you'd hope for a little evidence of that, wouldn't you? But, of course, it all looks much the same when I go to bed, as when I wake up ready for a day of housework.I also decided to paint the filing cabinets, well, one so far. Their grubby greyness could not be cleaned up, and I have a habit of painting battered furniture and giving it a new lease of life. Preferably the battered furniture should be of the sort abandoned by someone else when they move out of a place I move into. Surprising how much furniture you can get that way, alhamdulillah. So then, when someone says, "That's a nice cupboard, is it new?", I say, "No, that is the hideous old dresser base I used to keep shoes in at the top of the stairs. I just painted it."
No fancy painting, just a match with the wall colour, so it doesn't stand out if there are scratches too deep to erase with paint.
Anyway, now it is the turn of the filing cabinets. Then I'll have to get the first one back into its position, and fill it back up again, inshAllah.
Meanwhile the girls have been doing creative stuff again, which makes me feel better at least!

No comments:
Post a Comment