
Alhamdulillah we made it to the pick your own friut and veg farm! We've been meaning to go for several years, but it is quite far from us and we never managed it until now!

The weather was just right for being out in fields, alhamdulillah. So many raspberries, the bushes were dripping, maashAllah, alhamdulillah!

In among the French beans.
The children all enjoyed themselves and want to know when we'll be going again!
5 comments:
Yummy glad the kids got the chance to go.
I recently sent DH to investigate the nearest strawberry field PYO but the prices were the same as the shop(maybe to include the 'sampling' that goes on!) I expect a bit of a discount for the backache you get! However raspberries are less common to be able to buy and M was asking for them so I'll try to investigate that.
So will you be showing us what you'll be making out of the harvest or have the berries been quickly devoured?!
Salaam sis
We've been meaning to go too. Which one was this one and where is it? Is there a cost? Was it busy?
Jzk.
Wsm
Umm Raiyaan
Salaam,
We went to Parkside in Enfield. There is a minimum puchase (of fruit or veg) of £1:50 per adult or child. It did not feel busy at all as the fields are so big.
I made some raspberry muffins, but mostly they all prefer just eating them as they are. I froze some raspberries, as I make fruit crumbles sometimes.
Most of the strawberries were growing in raised containers, so no backache required. The price is still not really cheaper than shops, but everyone enjoyed the experience, so I can accept the price!
As salaam alaikum,
Alhamdulillah, glad you finally got to go!
The prices aren't any cheaper here either for pick your own, masha Allah.
It's time for blueberries here, insha allah. Do you all have those there too now?
Walaykumsalaam,
I'm not sure the farms do bluberries here at all! Maybe we don't have the right climate?
Post a Comment