Thursday, July 02, 2009

Something Creative

I thought we should have a break from the norm today, so it was time to get creative. J chose to do glass painting.
Ia sewed a felt cupcake. (You gather it up and stuff it, so it takes up a cupcake shape.)

And R made a chocolate cake, by himself, with a receipe book. It turned out well, alhamdulillah.
Yesterday the boys made a graph using this website, and using data from a football site. It is a handy graph site, worth checking out, inshAllah.


3 comments:

UmSuhayb b David said...

ooh I remember making chocolate cake as a child, mixing by hand with a wooden spoon, it's hard work! (I usually use my machine nowadays). I hope R got to lick all the cake mixture!

ummrashid said...

The photo was taken at the folding in flour and coco powder stage. He used the mixer for the fat and sugar bit!
I don't let them lick the mixture, because of the raw egg and the risk of salmonella. Do you think that is over cautious?

UmSuhayb b David said...

well just the other day hub was saying I should just make a bowl of cake mixture and let them eat it as they seem to enjoy that more than the cooked cake!, and I replied along the same lines as you about the egg risk. But in my lifetime and kids we have licked the bowl countless times and so far alhamdulillah no illness.