Thursday, August 21, 2008

What am I waiting for?



The lone survivor sunflower. MaashAllah.

After a lovely day out visiting friends yesterday I decided to make a start on the Ramadan timetable right away. Not the full timetable, but a start on it. This way I don't need to feel inbetween!

The boys are working on memorising the dua of Yunus (as). Yes, it is only short, but memorisation is a struggle for us. I also started to read "The Prophets Prayer Described" to them as our morning read. They are coming up to the age of ten, inshAllah, so I thought that salaat would be a focus topic for this Ramadan. Of course they know how to pray, but they should be working on improving their prayer and on understanding its detail.

I have also been looking for some simple topics delivered on audio or video on line for them to watch/listen to. This would be good for them, and make things easier for me in Ramadan. Save me having to do more reading aloud/talking. They can only manage simple topics of course, but I'll be searching around using links posted up by helpful sisters on the Homeeducators and UK Muslims Yahoo Group. (Click on the Home educators and UK Muslims WebRing link in the sidebar to take you there.) Any other suggestions from you, Dear Reader, will be most welcome!

Ia has just been doing some workbook type stuff today, aside from hours of playing with U, reading together in the garden and so on. Ramadan activities will not be as different for her workwise. Her Ramadan work will be based more around some colouring sheets I have, and some crafts maybe. Otherwise she'll be learning through practical experience, inshAllah!

1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

We have the CD 'Salat' explained' by Rabab Educational productions. It is the right level for the kids (and me!) It also comes on cassette. i think I got it from Al Hidayyah by ringing them up.