Thursday, August 14, 2008

Being thankful

For the four weeks before this week I was feeling really off colour. I seemed to be constantly tired and falling asleep in the afternoons. After lots of dua, alhamdulillah Allah has restored my energy to me. This could only happen by the will of Allah. Everything seems so hard when you lack energy to get things done, and once the chores and so on start to slide, it seems even harder to get back on top of things. All the thanks is due to Allah, we have nothing at all except what He gives, and health is so important.
For the last two days the boys have been out at a football funday. Running around in the sunshine and showers. They really enjoyed themselves, and keep talking and talking about it!
They took packed lunches with them, and I have to admit I did succumb to buying them some ready made bread for the occasion. They are used to the questions they get from other kids (do you really not go to school? how do you learn?), but I thought that a packed lunch of home made bread, home made cake, fruit and cucumber might be a step too far. So I bought bread, and even biscuits! Don't worry, two loaves and a cake being baked as I write, back to normal food tomorrow.
While the boys were out I got through Ia's workbook stuff, she did some painting and some drawing with stencils. Then I used googled images of mountains and we talked about mountains, what they look like and so on. Both girls had to pretend to be mountains. They were small rounded mountains, and sharp pointy ones. This was still related to the Al-Khaliq theme we are on, so I discussed with Ia how, if He wills Allah can knock over a mountain as easily as she can knock over a sandcastle.
The weather was dry whilst the football was on today, I cut the grass too. But this evening we've had heavy downpours, followed by sunshine, leaving the garden looking fresh, green and bright. MaashAllah.



No comments: