This week has been dominated by the swimming course. Well, it's over now! I think the boys benefited from it. They spent time with their friends every day and learnt some useful water skills. The girls got some time in the park on the days when it wasn't raining. And now it is Friday, the house is a mess and the garden neglected.
On page 47 of "1001 Inventions Muslim Heritage in our World" I noticed this quote:
"If he (the teacher) is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind." (Khalil Gibran)
Much more inspiring than the prospect of a SAT test, don't you think?
2 comments:
a very wise quote, jazakiAllahkhair for sharing..
Assalamu aleikum
Masha Allah. I'm thinking of buying this book, but could you tell me, are there illustrations in it? 'Cause ds might not be interested otherwise.
Jazakillahu khayran
Post a Comment