Lots of reading today. The boys started reading to themselves at breakfast, then I read to them afterwards.
Ia completed a picture showing the appearance of a tree around the seasons. There is so much to learn just from the garden, alhamdulillah. This year Ia has planted nastursium seeds and seen them grow and flower. She has repotted seedlings, seen the snails demolish the sunflowers (not to mention various other plants) and watched the tomatoes ripen. There is one sunflower survivor which seems to be on the verge of flowering, inshAllah, and the pompom asters I grew from seed are starting to flower too. My neighbour has an old apple tree, right next to our back fence. This is a blessing too, alhamdulillah, as it illustrates so beautifully the changing tree through the seasons. Right now its branches are full of apples. So many real learning opportunities, alhamdulillh.
Later in the afternoon we had friends over to play. There was rather a lot of over excitement, U almost had a nap straight afterwards, but we ended up disturbing her! One young visitor asked me why J and R's room is so messy. A very good question, but so hard to find an answer to... He actually offered to tidy it up, which was a kind offer, and somewhat brave.
Alhamdulillah, the day has felt full, even if the HE timetable was light, and full days are what is needed to keep us all going.
2 comments:
I think boys room is so hard to keep tidy most of the time!. I fond it hard to get the answer as well. I think it's hard to win on that. Alhamdulillah my new house will have a playroom which is a big storage room with fitter carpet which I hope will solve the problem although I'm not so sure.
My boys say they like the mess. They call it "boys style"!
Post a Comment