Scratchcard art. Well, scratchcard something. Its just here to add a bit of colour to the page!
Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been reading Ian Serraillier’s “The Silver Sword” to the boys. We finished it last week. At first they were not so keen, but as the story went on they became involved in it and wanted to know what would happen next. I don’t think they would complete a reading of this book independently just now, mainly because the context of the Second World War would be too strange for them, but by reading it together I could explain a bit of the history to them as we went along. That way it made more sense, and they could benefit from the general knowledge aspect too. I read that book so many times myself as a child, it’s the same copy, I still have it, (I looked after my books).
We went to the library today and they chose their usual type of books about giant hamsters, detective dogs, lion adventures and so on. That library visit and the subsequent reading of library books was the only useful thing we did today. Otherwise we were just lazy, lazy, lazy! Well, its not so bad, once in a while! Alhamdulillah.
No comments:
Post a Comment