I've been doing short maths activities with Ia. Today we did an investigation of the combinations made by picking out 5 cubes from a selection in three colours, (2 red, 1 blue, 2 green, etc). Then she wanted to see how it would work with totals of 6 cubes. She recorded the results on the whiteboard.
Both girls have also been keen to act out their current favourite library book "I don't like Gloria", by Kate Umansky. Colin is a small dog and he is not impressed by the arrival of cat Gloria into the family home. Gloria eats his food and sleeps on his special cushion. The only thing that unites the two is their dislike of the next new pet, Jeffrey the rabbit. Ia and U can play this out endlessly, but there is no actual fighting, just "looks". I struggle to stay interested, in my role as owner of the pets. Of course we've read the book over and over too. U goes upstairs to read it by herself, but I still hear her rendering it into her own grammar "I doesn't like Gloria".
No comments:
Post a Comment