Today they have (together) completed the reading of Surah Baqarah in one day. MaashAllah. I know that some children manage to memorise large parts of the Quran by this age, and for those children this would not seem like much of an achievement, it is basically reading half the surah each, but for my boys it’s excellent.
And the sun is at last shining, alhamdulillah. The cat is out basking in it.
We did a little French this morning. The boys used to learn the Arabic language where we to lived before, but I have no one here to continue teaching them that yet. I think it is important for them to get to know a little of another language from a young age, so I'll switch to French now, as I can’t personally offer anything else. I have a friend from France whom I asked to check out my rusty pronunciation, which was found to be adequate. If I find an Arabic teacher they can do both!
The boys also revised the duties of Prophets today. Alhamdulillah they remembered a lot from before the summer.
Ia and U have been running in the garden and playing pets and babies. Ia is getting into pets!
1 comment:
Surah Baqarah- one day mashaAllah, that would take me about a year!! and the boys well I'm in the process of ordering a better 'learn quran reading' type book, as problematic getting a teacher, despite there being many arabic speakers here, although not so many who know proper tajweed. And it gets harder to find a teacher as some sisters dont want to teach older boys and the brothers, well it always seems hard to get them involved. The usual madrassah type classes exist but my boys won't benefit from them I think. Your idea with J and R teaching Ia inspired me to enquire about one of their older friends to help, that could work out inshaAllah.
Post a Comment