The boys are very interested in history at the moment. I prefer them to learn about Islamic history, because there is so much to learn and benefit from there. We read about the life of the Prophet Muhammed (saw), his companions and the earlier Prophets too. Then there is all the rest of the history of the Muslims, in the centuries after the Last Prophet (saw). I have done very little on that yet. It’s all history that we can learn and read about together. Anyway, the boys want to learn about ancient empires and other civilizations or peoples too, so today we were looking for Aztecs, found this, and later read some of the other sections too. Of course Aztecs and many others worshipped idols, and I was pleased to find that the boys were not interested in reading the details about the Aztec religion, it was their decision to skip over that, alhamdulillah.
Later I used this link from Educating the Muslim Child, and they spent some time on the names of countries, capitals, continents and oceans.
Following their achievements in reading Surah Baqarah I decided to read to J and R about the night prayer (Tahajjud) of the Prophet Muhammed (saw). They loved the following hadith to the extent that they were laughing out loud in wonder, imagining themselves following such a long prayer. I just wanted them to know that what they have done is great, but there is so much more to aspire to, insh’Allah.
Hudhaifah ibn al-Yamaan said:
“I prayed with the Prophet (saw) that night when he started soorah al-Baqarah. So I said (to myself), “He will make rukoo after 100 ayaat.” But he carried on after that, so I thought, “He will finish it (the soorah) in two rakahs.” But he carried on, so I thought, “He will make rukoo when he has finished it.” Then he started soorah an-Nisaa and recited it all, then he started soorah aal-Imraan and recited it all. He was reciting slowly; when he came to an ayah in which there was glorification of Allah, he glorified Allah; at an ayah which had something to be asked for, he asked for it; at mention of seeking refuge, he sought refuge (with Allah). Then he made rukoo….” Muslim and Nasaa’i
1 comment:
S has a game on X box which is set in central America, and in 1 level, youre supposed to rescue the idol but he always shoots it down with his aircraft mashAllah. I'm noticing more and more aspects of shirk that permeate into stories/ computer games /TV for kids. Which come from superstitious culture. I think the kids (slightly older) do need to know about other cultures which have this kind of stuff, but it means being there to point out how its contrary to islam, and that's its not normal or accepted as right. The 21st century still has many as misguided as the jahilyah time when Muhammad (saw) was trying to give dawah..
Interesting previous post , I should keep going with Swedish. The sister I know has been allowed to homeed for 3months (?!) on grounds that she is moving to the Uk after that, otherwise shes going to have to send them to M and S's school. She is the 1st to apply in my city.
re cleaning/mess. I would not ever expect a spotless house, i just want to be able to find things!! plus clean it enough so asthma/eczema is not worsened. Its good u can block it out, i find that quite hard!
Post a Comment