Friday, August 10, 2007

I Need To Stop Wasting Time

I just can't seem to get enough done. I start the day with good intentions, for example this morning I trimmed the lavender and hung the flowers up to dry, then I completed clearing that flowerbed of weeds. The kids helped to deadhead some other flowers. But so much remains, the chaos is ridiculous. I intend for there to be an improved, visible difference by the end of the day. But usually its a worsened, visible difference.
Ia has been busy making things again. She did a lovely hama bead butterfly this morning, which of course I can't iron because I can't find the ironing paper. Then she began painting an eggbox, to make a bug when dry. Later she had her first go at sewing. I've been waiting for that!
Alhamdulillah, the flowers need no improvement at all. And the sun is out so we can read in the garden. Although the boys tend to read indoors, during meals, when I've just asked them to go get dressed etc. Reading, they know, is a way of avoiding doing something else. I'm not really going to insist they stop reading am I?






This was yesterday's "make". A nest, with birds. The birds live next to this nest (!). To avoid cluttering up its beauty? And there is a Topsy and Tim book. Never far away.




Can you see what I think is a tiny Scarlet Pimpernel near these dasies in the park? My camera is old, so image not sharp.



The boys have been learning about Venn diagrams again. This is so easy, they've done it so often. I'm in the last week of the summer term work now. So a few easy lessons to take us to the end of Year 3 work. Nearly finished the Year 4 English textbook too. I think I'll try some other English ideas before going to the year 5 book, (which I've yet to buy anyway). Time to turn away from the computer now and face all the things I have not done.




1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

well it's 3 and a half years on in my placeand the kitchen still needs some tiles and we only just now got some door handles, shall I go on? Somethimg i try to do is just focus on a small 'zone' of chaos at a time so that you can see the difference all be it small, rather than spending the time here and there and not really making a significant impact. Work left to right top to bottom like you'd read a book?
But having kids around full time is always going to make the task of bringing soem form of order into a big challenge!
you can use greaseproof paper for hama beads ironing...