Been feeling a bit cooped up by the building works on one side and the torrential rain on the other. All of us, all day in one room, pretty much. Alhamdulillah.
HE wise we did the basics, then the boys chose to do some more on their castles project. R did a very good, detailed drawing of Framlingham Castle, which we visited last year. He found a drawing of it in one of the books. J traced a drawing of a Japanese castle. Ia also drew a castle, but was more concerned that there should be enough sheep there, than with the architecture. They also looked castle stuff up online, using the internet linked Usborne Book of Castles. They especially liked this knights site.
Then, around 4 o’clock R decided that they should read the whole of Surah Bakarah, between them. They began, taking turns, and continued for ages, maashAllah. They actually made it to two thirds through. R was determined not to give up, but in the end it was too long for him! I still think they did really well, maashAllah.
2 comments:
Lovely lovely cake pics below and I had to smile a lot again at the hiding pic :) Your HE routine sounds great, inspiring. I do hope we can settle into something as calm and well rounded :)
Maybe I've made it sound too calm! But I just tend to forget about the bits that don't go to plan!
Post a Comment