We have finished our structured home education for the summer. The girls are still working on the Ramadan lapbooks, a little each day and everyone is doing lots of reading and their daily Quran, alhamdulillah. The girls are enjoying the lapbookand my aim is to get it done by Ramadan, so we can take it slowly.
Usually at this time of year I get busy with planning ahead, but not so this year. I feel that I alreadyknow what my plans are, more or less we can just continue from where we are. Most of the resources I have already, and I have already decided what to fill the few remaining gaps with. In this respect home ed gets easier as time goes on I think. I've seen so many resources nowthat I have a much clearer idea about what I need and what suits my children. Even a couple of years ago it all seemed far less clearand I would keep checking and rechecking to see if something better than what I had could be found.
The end of this academic year marks another milestone, alhamdulillah! Most schools round here are officially breaking up throughout next week, although there are a few which have actually finished already. My sons would be about to leave primary school (had they been there), so I think they can now officially say that they've never been to primary school. It also means I can say that I've been home educating for seven years. Alhamdulillah! I'm so grateful that Allah has made this possible for us. I think we've learnt a lot as a family over these seven years and it has been a varied journey in style, method, situation and content!
Home education - always interesting!
4 comments:
wow 7 years! but when your busy time does fly doesn't it?
It also feels a milestone now S is moving on to high school, and also sad that we never got to do the home ed 'for real' but alhamdulillah mashaAllah this was ALlah's qadr for us
In the end it is the destination you reach that counts, rather than the pathways to it.
Assalaamu Alaikum,
Masha Allaah congratulations sis, May Allaah give you all success in the future too. Jazzakillaah Khayr for sharing your journey.
Walaykumsalaam,
May Allah reward you too.
Post a Comment