Summer break! I usually struggle to find things to blog about at this time of year. After all this is a home education blog andwe are on a proper break right now. Plus as I'm not needing to plan much this year I'm not even thinking much about home education at the moment! This is unusual for me! This morning I wrote out a list of resources to use with Ia next year. It took me about 10 minutes, alhamdulillah!
Instead I'm keeping busy with those odd jobsthat get put aside in the busier months, such as giving grubby skirting boards a fresh coat of paint, sewing and general sorting out. But I do find that I drift in these slower days, and I need a list of chores just to make sure something useful gets done!
The children are busy with what they enjoy, maashAllah. There is reading, hama beading and computer time, as well as getting out and about for some summery sunshine and meeting with friends. There has also been some interest in cooking as U chose three childrens cook books from the library this week.
The day to day is much the same, so not much new to blog about. And Ramadan is just around the corner now, inshAllah. I'll probably not be posting much until September, inshAllah, when we'll get back to home ed routines.
Enjoy the summer, inshAllah!
4 comments:
as salaamu `alaykum :)
It sounds that you have really got the hang of things, ma shaa Allah! I think it is important for us to put the books aside and go beyond them at times. My kids LOVE Hama beading too! Do you display their finished creations? How do you store them?
Walaykumsalam,
Nice to hear from you.
I sometimes stick bead designs on the wall with sticky tac!
Othertimes the children like to play with their designs - until they break!!!
As salaam alaikum,
I also find that they break very easily and sadly the children like to chew on them. Yuck!
Walaykumsalaam,
But if they've been made then played with they have served their purpose I think.
Not sure about the chewing though!!!
Post a Comment