Friday, May 21, 2010

Creative and caterpillars

The girls have had a creative day today, maashAllah, making bead designs, sketching and making flower pictures with cut-outs from catalogues. There has also been lots of playing in the garden.
Our caterpillars have started to change into chrysalides. This picture was taken in the afternoon, when a couple of them still look like caterpillars but by this evening they have changed some more.

6 comments:

Umm Raiyaan said...

You know, those caterpillars really do grow really quickly. I could look at them in the morning and a few hours on the same day they have grown and changed. This has been an educational experience for all of us!

ummrashid said...

Amazing isn't it, subhanAllah.

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

Was this their first experience raising these critters?

ummrashid said...

Walaykumsalaam,
Yes this is the first time we've had caterpillars. Last year we had triops.

Sofinee Harun said...

Salam ummrashid,

Nice catterpillar. I just bought a triop from car boot sale and we will try to see we can survive it or not. I just remember you straigth away when I saw the triop, Only it's two and I just bought one and my two eldest now fighting on who going to start it up. Thanks for your info..

ummrashid said...

Salaam Ummi,
Nice to hear from you again!