I rounded off the volume and capacity work with the girls today by making our own calibrated measure with a jam jar and small cupsof beans. We poured a cupful of beans into the jam jar and marked the level, and so on. Then we checked it back by filling the jar up to the one cup mark, then pouring it back into the cup again.
Ia also wrote her second story today! I printed out another sheet of the same piece of paper for her to write on. I think notebook pages might suit her, she can't stand the sight of an exercise book, (except the project style ones). This story was about our cat. I'm letting her make spelling mistakes, as I don't want to put her off trying to write independently. She asks me for some spellings too.
The boys finished reading the play of Wind in the Willows and did a piece of written work on it. I asked them to write a bit of playscript in the style of the play. They enjoyed doing this, and captured the style well I think, maashAllah.
This morning all three bigger ones watched a documentary on BBC iplayer about man eating tigers in Bangladesh! It was not as gory as it sounds, but showed the serious problems some villagers were having with tigers coming into the village. It was in the natural world category, but it showed strategies the villagers were using, so that includes geography - right!
2 comments:
I'm also let my son to make spelling mistake when he srite story. Just not to put him off writing. It's nice to see their progress.
just before the tv broke (and Channel 5 stopped broadcasting to Europe)the boys sat enthralled by a shark attack documentary.It S was happy to watch all of it but the others were hiding-behind- cushionstype thing,there was lots of blood and gore!
Post a Comment