After a weekend spent doing lots of outdoor stuff there is colour back in the childrens' cheeks, alhamdulillah. The pallor of weeks of illness blown away in the breeze, inshAllah.
Back into a home ed day today. I feel I should point something out about the structure we have in our home ed. The structured bit only takes up part of the day. In between my structured bits is plenty of time for other stuff, which all the children get on with automatically in their own way, so when sisters describe their unschooling activities, I can recognise that in our days too. I just add some other structured activities on top, or in between. The unstructured days of last week were not really so different.
Before falling ill last week I finished the reflection project with the girls and wrote it up on Always Learning Resources at the weekend.
Today the boys have finished their latest Islamic Studies project, based completely around the book "Knowing Allah" by Muhammad al-Jibaly. I plan to write that up next, inshAllah.
The girls want to learn about fish of the Great Barrier Reef, so we started looking into that today, reading, watching video clips and colouring.
No comments:
Post a Comment