Ramadan begins! We seem to have ended August in a rush of unexpected activities. Now it is time to quieten down and refocus on our studies.
Taking inspiration from the sister at We Love Home Ed 2 I made a list of all the Islamic books we have that the boys can read by themselves. It turns out that we have 28 such books, alhamdulillh. Some of these books are very brief and easy to read, while others are more substantial. I have made a list for them and asked them to read through the books, whenever they want, in whatever order they want, just as long as they get this done within Ramadan. They began this today. They also have extra Quran reading to do each day, but again I have given them some responsibility with this. I have set them a certain amount to do and then said they should add to that with whatever they can.
Ia began today reading a phonics reader. She is slowly getting better with blending the sounds, alhamdulillah. She is also more willing to have a go with new words. She has also used Education City and iboard, done some spelling workbook, maths workbook, handwriting practice, used the computer for Quran and restarted with Arabic letters. I had paused on Arabic letters as she was struggling with the English letters,and just let her learn Quran by memory instead. Now I'll try to reintroduce the Arabic alphabet, inshAllah.
2 comments:
Ramadan Kariim to you too and your family all. May this be a month full of blessings for you and family all. Amin May Allah accept our fasting and dua'as.Amin
Jazakallahkhair sister.
Post a Comment