Alhamdulillah the boys have completed their target of 15 fasts. Now they are really in the mood for Eid! Getting very excited. So we are keeping it light today, just a few short sessions on a few topics.
Our quote for the plates today : “The Prophet (saw) went out of his house on the day of Fitr, prayed two rakat, and did not pray before or after it.” (Ibn Abbaas)
This is the evidence for there not being any sunnah prayer to go with the Eid prayer. I chose this quote mainly because it is short enough to go on the plate, as compared with other evidence about the Eid!
We wrapped up the science moving and growing topic today. I’ve done everything I can find on it, suitable for their level. Next we’ll do habitats, insh’Allah as the weather is still holding up, alhamdulillah, and we can still make use of the garden. Even today we’ve seen a pair of robins, a magpie at the bird table and a squirrel digging in the flowerbed. It always digs in the same spot. If I cover the hole over it soon gets dug again. I thought they dug to bury something? What could be there in the same shallow hole each time? I can’t see anything?
The garden is still looking scruffy, and the grass has been worn away so much where the boys play cricket. The batting pitch is a muddy puddle when it rains, and the bowling run up is not much better. But there are still new flowers coming, a tiny pink one in the rockery, tiny white ones on a big bush and even a new chrysanthemum. I don’t know much about garden plants, least of all most of their names! Today U has taken me for a “feely” walk round the garden, during which she wanted to touch different flowers and leaves.
No comments:
Post a Comment