Sunday, March 25, 2007

I am still here!

Tues 13/03/07
Sunday was mild and sunny, so we went out and cleaned the garden, sweeping and pruning. Later we got a couple of planting kits and got them started, insh’Allah. Ia was expecting to see pansies the next morning!
Ploughed through another maths lesson on division. They won’t write any of their workings out down, although I suppose that if they can work it out in their heads it doesn’t matter. Today it is halving and doubling, which they certainly prefer!
R navigated for his father through central London, using a route planner printout.

Sun 25/03/07
House moving stuff is taking up all my time and thoughts. We’ve kept up a reduced timetable just about! Hope to get back on track soon, insh’Allah. The pansies have sprouted, alhamdulillah!

1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

Asak! S tends to do maths in his head, it's as if you can almost feel the heat of the cogs turning. He'd never use his fingers if I tried to prompt him. M on the on the other hand uses them a lot, in a way I quite can't quite understand but he somehow (usually) gets the right answer mashaAllah!
Well done R. mashaAllah, I nearly got us to Cambridge instead of Norfolk when driving up to my Dad's using a route from the computer! (and I've got us going the wrong way round the M25 many eons ago, something I'd rather forget about...)