Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This is HE!

Ia wants to learn Arabic! She says the best bits about nursery are the beginning and the end. She likes the beginning because they do Arabic, and she likes the end because they have a snack.
I will try to do a few minutes on each of Arabic letters, English letters and numbers most days, insh'Allah.
Boys learnt about irrigation systems in relation to the history topic yesterday. In English they moved on to the next comprehension unit. Today we have done some maths (direction mapped on a grid) and while Ia was at nursery we went to I's house and started assembling the electronics kit, which was very fiddly so we didn't actually get to the stage of getting anything to work!
Boys have both been reading the "History of The Prophets" book. J says he knows a lot more now. We are still reading the "Conquest of Syria" every night (it is a very long book) and they are really enjoying it.
For geography we are doing a local weather survey, recording the temperature and general conditions. Today I asked them, while we were out, what temperature they though it was and they made a good guess. They also gave good answers when I asked them what they thought it would be like on a day when it was 17C, or20c. So I think they are getting the hang of what the figures mean, insh'Allah.

No comments: