Thursday, February 22, 2007

Museum Visit

On Monday we went to the Natural History museum. I prepared a quiz sheet based on the fossils from the Marine Fossil Reptiles and Fossils from Britain sections. They answered the questions quickly! R and J were interested to see some of the finds labelled "Mantell", and it was even better to be able to see Mantell's original iguanodon finds in the dinosaur section.
It became very busy after the first hour or so as it was still half term for many schools. Although we went together with the rest of the boys, we split up into pairs to make things easier. After meeting up for lunch we dispersed again at then came back together for a half hour slot in the investigate centre. R took out a tray of fossils to examine, and later he chose some rocks. J ended up weighing some animal skulls, and he memorised the weights of three of them. Insh'Allah we will return to that section on a less busy day, as I did not know about it before.
Tuesday was back to the nursery for Ia. Took the electronics kit back to I's, but unfortunately we couldn't get the experiment to work and as the kit does not offer any explanation of why the different connections do what they do, we can't troubleshoot it, so we may leave it at that for now.
Managed to get to the library again. Boys have been busy reading cricket story books, and another one of the "mad boy scientist" books they find so hilarious. Ia copies them by trying to read her choices of book herself.
Ia has been on the computer lots again. I'm bringing out the rest of the CDs that we have suitable for her age and I have subscribed to iboard for her.
U likes to try on hats and wear different clothes. She puts them on and says "bootibool".
I've not been well, so everywhere is back to messy again. Thats another 5 or six hour job to look forward to then

No comments: