Wednesday, November 08, 2006

djuuuz

I gave the bigger three juice this evening and U threw her milk to one side and said "djuuuuz".
Ia had her teeth counted for the first time at the dentist's this morning. Boys each needed a tiny sealing filling, but not in the same teeth as eachother! Ia was all clear, alhamdulillah, and was very pleased that the dentist liked her trousers!
Had a group day, marred by J having a huge tantrum and having to be taken out of the building to calm down. From everyone else I was happy with the work done. I started to read "Fish" to them, and although there were some protests I think that they are actually intrigued by the story, they were certainly asking lots of questions. The book begins by describing the life of a boy living with aid worker parents in a poor, war torn country.
For geography we drew plans of the room, trying to emphasise the relative size and positions of the items of furniture, hoping that they will grasp the way in which maps and plans must be accurate to be useful.
Ia showed that she can still recognise the words red, blue and green. She also enjoyed colouring and playing some imaginary games. U showed that she can occupy herself with scribbling for quite some time.

1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

glad to know I'm not he only one experiencing tantrums with kids beyond toddler years! re geography, reminded me, S made a reconstruction of our living room in a shoe box,quite impressive with all the furniture in the right place, proportion etc. They've also been doing a map of the school as well..
ws UmSuhayb