Monday, October 30, 2006

Catching Up

Had a busy few days, trying to get as much out of the time as I can. I've made plans for each day, they haven't been kept to, but enough has been done. We went to a wedding, which Ia really enjoyed, she seemed to just love the atmosphere. Then on Sunday I took the boys to a Sunday school where they had their first Urdu lesson. They really enjoyed it, alhamdulillah, and are keen to go back. They said they learnt eight sentences, but only seem able to produce two, and those rather reluctantly. While they were there I took Ia and U to the park. U slept but Ia did a couple of pages of a workbook she was keen to start at a picnic table. She was able to use letter recognition to "read" the words red and blue on several labels, once I had pointed out the "r" and "b"to start with. She has spent a lot of time on the computer again today, playing with iboard and Cbeebies, it seems to be helping her to be quickly familiar with the functions of letters and other symbols.
U was still asleep while Ia played in the park and then we went back for the boys and then rushed home in time for their Quran lesson. Despite these arrangements I'm still finding that they are spending time on reading and playing games and not just asking for the television now that we are home a bit more.
Today they had the treat of friends over, while H and I heaved the filing cabinets upstairs. She kindly stayed and helped me find a suitable place for them, but then much of the rest of the afternoon was spent clearing up the things that had had to be taken out as furniture was moved about. Boys read, Ia was online and U slept. Nice to see boys helping Ia with some of the computer stuff.
U can now say "no", (with something of a northern accent!). This is "no" to nappy changing, "no" to sharing a chair with my brother and definately"no" to my sister being picked up. This evening I found a magnetic letter "p" trapped inside her nappy, it had left a clear imprint of itself. So had she put it in her vest? She actually bothered to do a puzzle for the first time this evening, trying to force the pieces in any way, but still better than just scattering them.

1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

Asalamoaleykum !
found your blog, but only after a contrived search, it couldn't be found via the normal google search. I don't know why, as your web address is correct.
The magnetic 'p'and nappy link, was that just a coincidence or do we have a genius on our hands?1 (initial letter of nappy contents)
reminds me of changing Hishaam's nappy once and I thought his nursey teachers were sending me a secret greeting (HI are in fact his initials),
um suhayb