After Ia received her castle U wanted something to make herself. She chose a jewellery making set, which arrived yesterday. In the afternoon we made the clay beads, which I then baked in the oven. Today she has threaded this necklace. We have worked on this together, and Ia has joined in too. U finds it more fun that way, she doesn't want to do the whole thing herself. The beads were not too difficult for her to shape or thread, but the knots on the necklace were tricky so I did those for her.
This week Ia has been working on a literature lapbook. I read "Kimba" by Geoffrey Malone to the girls a few weeks ago. It is a realistic wildlife story about a lion. I thought they could both do a lapbook on it as part of their English study, but U wasn't keen. Today Ia made petal books, one of verbs and the other on adjectives. She made a list of adjectives which could be used to describe Kimba, and a list of verbs to show what Kimba does (roar, snarl, pounce, sleep etc). InshAllah I'll post this when its done. I'm determined that we should get it done within the next couple of weeks, inshAllah!
Meanwhile the girls continued their interest in big cats by watching a BBC four documentary about tigers, called Spy in the Jungle. It featured new cubs - so inevitably a hit!!!
3 comments:
AS
My dd would love this. Just wondering where you ordered it from?
JZK
Umm Hannah
Walaykumsalaam,
www.kidscraftbox.co.uk
jzk.
Post a Comment