Even when we are not home educating in a structured way, we are home educating. You can't get away from it really. Even when the parent takes a break the child continues the education in one way or another. Its just living.
It feels like summer - even though its April - and after this break I feel like it should be the summer holidays! It feels strange to think of getting back into the swing of structured days. I think the children feel the same!
I don't update this blog as often as I feel I should. Somehow I find I'm running out of things I can say here, that I haven't said before, but maybe I should be on the look out for those little home ed highlights, the things that tell me its all ticking along, alhamdulillah
Today I did some sewing. I made a khimar and a rough and ready laundry peg bag, using some left over cotton and a small clothes hanger (the kind that comes with small size kids clothes). Seeing me sewing made the girls think of making little clothes for their soft toys, so they got out the scrap bag and cut out bits of fabric to make non-sewn coats, scarves etc. Different fabrics cut in different ways. Some slip about, some easily tear, depending on the direction you make the cut. Today's little highlight: learning about cutting fabrics.
3 comments:
As salaam alaikum,
I've been thinking the same thing about not being able to get away from home educating. Even while on a "break," there really is no break. Maybe a break from formal lessons, but not from learning. I can also relate to not really feeling all that motivated to begin the formal lessons again either. Our momentum has been broken!
I like that idea of 'today's little highlight'- as although much of the days with kids can be frustrating to say the least, there is usually at least one thing that brings a smile to my face!
Walaykumsalaam,
I'm going to ease us back in, inshAllah! And keep on looking for those little highlights.
Post a Comment