Friday, March 11, 2011

Home ed still going on!

Home education is still going on. In fact, everything seems to get busier and busier, alhamdulillah.
We've been working on a rivers project amongst our other usual activities.
I've discovered that U gets much more motivated when she is given something new to work on. Always a new book, preferably one that can be got through fairly quickly. If working through it takes too long she will lose interest. I'm not talking about working in one day here, but using a book over a period of weeks.
Today I tried her with an Emaan series workbook. I bought some of the reading series years ago, just at the time when it temporarily became harder to get hold of. I just picked up the copies that remained in the shop, these included a level three workbook. For whatever reason I never used the workbook before, but decided to try it with U today, as something different. She read the story " A Home for Fuzzy" then did the few pages on it from the book. It worked out well, alhamdulillah.
These days the reading books are available again. You can find them here.

2 comments:

Homeschool 4 Muslims said...

Assalamoalaikum

Its really nice to hear from you again. i hv a six year old who is also like U, new things, new books and new topics. its amazing how different every child is when it comes to learning. Do your twin sons also hv different learning styles? or being twins makes a difference? just curious!

wassalam

ummrashid said...

Walaykumsalaam,
My twins are very similar in many ways, including learning styles. They have always been like that, having the same interests etc, maashAllah.