Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Food Groups Lapbook

We have slowed down a lot with the lapbooks! There seems to be much more to do this year and I find myself having less time to devise my own projects unfortunately. U is working on a lapbook but she makes the mini books occasionally, so I don't know when we'll complete that!
This is Ia's first lapbook of this year. A simple food groups project.


She made mini books for protein, carbohydrates and sweet and fatty foods.
I printed out a food pyramid fact sheet to stick in the middle.


To make the sections on fruit and vegetables and dairy I printed off coloring sheets, so the information is immediate and visual.
You can find colouring sheets on almost anything these days!
To consolidate this topic I hope to do a food group treasure hunt in the kitchen, inshAllah. (You know, hunt for as many protein foods as you can find and bring them to the table)!

2 comments:

Umm Raiyaan said...

Lol! Awww...come on ummrashid, we know you can do better that. How about drawing her a map, hiding the food around the house etc. Writing clues which will lead to another clue etc!

ummrashid said...

There is no way I'm doing all that work! As the saying goes, the learner should be the one who does the work.
If anyone is going to be drawing a map or writing clues it should be Ia herself!(Then U can find it)
But this idea of hiding food around the house sounds potentially sticky to me.